- FLBS is looking for a few good...assistants. FLBS summer session assistants help with all aspects of the summer academic program ecology courses. SSAs will receive room and board (valued at $2500) in addition to an hourly wage.
Job duties include:
- Assisting staff with a variety of activities related to teaching the summer field courses at FLBS
- Assisting the summer session faculty with preparing a variety of course material
- Assisting the summer session faculty on field trips as needed, including packing and being responsible for field sampling gear
- Minimum requirements include the completion of at least 2 total semesters in biology, chemistry, environmental science, or equivalent including laboratory instruction.
- Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated proficiency in laboratory portions of their major program.
- Must be able to hike up to 10 miles a day in remote locations with field sampling gear
- The Flathead Lake Biological Station (FLBS) is a University of Montana Center of Excellence that conducts ecological research with an emphasis on fresh water, located on the East shore of Flathead Lake at Yellow Bay. Our facilities are housed on 80 acres and include resident housing, dormitory rooms, research laboratories, cabins, dining hall, museum and vehicles/boats.
- The FLBS Mission is to serve the Flathead Lake region, the state of Montana, the nation, and the world by advancing a cutting-edge research, monitoring, education & outreach platform for limnology, ecology, and environmental science at Flathead Lake.
- Polson, Montana, United States
- $8.65 per hour, plus onsite room and board
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2020.
- UM students: use Handshake; search for Flathead Lake Biological Station
- Non-UM students send a cover letter and a resume (including contact information for a reference) to Monica at email@example.com.