Welcome to MARC 2022! We look forward to seeing you at FLBS next week, Thursday April 7th - Saturday April 9th. Check in starts at noon and the meeting welcome session starts at 1pm. Please see the schedule for more details and to find your presentation or poster time.
Our invited speakers for MARC 2022 are Dr. Will Clements from CSU
and Dr. Lydia Zeglin from KSU
. We have 5 lightning talk sessions scheduled. Talks are 5 minutes long (not including time for questions). Two poster sessions will allow everyone to view posters. Maximum poster dimensions are 70" wide x 45" tall (the entire space does not need to be filled).
Suggestions for making your stay at FLBS more enjoyable:
- The weather may be great or it may snow/rain. We recommend bringing layers, a rain coat, and an extra blanket for your cabin if you get cold easily
- Bring a head lamp to travel between buildings at night
- The bathrooms are not attached to the cabins. A bathroom bag is handy for transporting items from the cabins to bathrooms
- Bring bear spray if you have it available
- Please bring a coffee mug and water bottle
- Please bring a name tag holder. We are printing name tag inserts and expect that most people have a name tag holder available from a past meeting. If you have extra holders please bring them in case some folks don’t have one.
- Upon check-in you will receive a packet with basic biostation information (including a map of the grounds) and your room assignment
- More information about FLBS including lodging details, a map of the grounds, etc, is located on the Services tab of the main FLBS website
Thanks to the support of our 2022 sponsors we are able to greatly reduce the cost for student attendees. We thank the Montana NSF EPSCoR CREWS program, the Montana Water Center, the Montana Institute on Ecosystems, and the Flathead Lake Biological Station, including the Monitoring Montana Waters program.
Also, don't forget to bring your MARC logo designs! Contact Rob with any questions about the logo competition (email@example.com).
If you have any questions about MARC 2022 please contact Rachel Malison (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2022 Organizing Committee:
Rachel Malison, Assistant Research Professor, FLBS/UM
Maury Valett, Professor, UM
Rob Payn, Associate Professor, MSU