Marie has been with the Flathead Lake Biological Station (FLBS) since January 2002. Along the way, Marie has been performing essential services to support the Biological Station's faculty, researchers, staff and graduate students and now focuses primarily on the Summer Academic Program and Preaward Departmental Research Administration.
Education and Experience
- B.A. Fine Arts, Northern Illinois University
- M.B.A. Accounting and Finance, University of Colorado
- 7 years in accounting and finance management in global petroleum trading firm
- 4 years as production systems liaison between Controller and V.P. Information Systems for Fortune 500 company
- 13 years consulting for publicly traded and privately held domestic and global companies and various government (city, county, state) organizations and institutions of higher learning while working for a premier enterprise software vendor
- 15 years through present performing summer academic program administration, preaward support to faculty/researchers for grant proposals, cooperative agreements and contracts, and a wide variety of accounting, marketing, communications and other support of the Biological Station's academic, research and outreach mission